Thursday, 29 November 2007

Malta Layover....

Hey everyone!

I got back from my 2 day Malta layover early hours this morning, really tired now!! It was a really good trip, good flight on the way over there, it was via larnaca (Cyprus), so 3 and half hours there and 2 half hours from there to Malta. I felt alot more confident and because it wasnt a quick turnaround i could actually have time to chat with the passengers more! When we got there it was about 2pm, so we checked in, got our allowance which was about 75 british pounds...55 maltese lira. Then a few of us went to stroll around the shops near the hotel and have coffee and cake! I brought mum a fridge magnet and a little souviner for the apartment. We went back to the hotel after to get ready to go out that evening, we were staying at the Intercontinental...very nice.

We met some of the others that night for dinner, went to a nice italian restaurant and by 10pm i felt like a zombie and im still not sure how i was keeping my eyes open! so we all went back to the hotel to get some sleep.
The next day a few of us got a bus to Valetta (the city) and we walked around there, had some lunch, shopped a bit, i found miss selfridge!! (the uk store) so i got a couple of bargains! We went to the Palace, we had a private tour around it because we were having our pictures taken with the army gurads and one of them was really nice and offered to take us round and not charge us to get in!
Then we needed a coffee boost so stopped off to watch the maltese world go by while munching on a cake! again!
After Valetta we got back on the bus and went to salima on the way back. We just went to a few shops for a look round, there was a marks and spencers so i got a couple of bottles of wine and some yummy shortbread.
That evening we went out for a meal at a nice restaurant on the bay before going to a bar and onto a club. We were back about 1am and then were picked up for the bus at 1250pm to go to the airport. I picked up some more wine at duty free off we went.
The flight from larnaca to Dubai was full so we were very busy on the way back, but i still enjoyed it, but was very tired!

No comments: