Friday 25 January 2008

Melbourne Aukland!!

Me and first officer....we thought he looked like Loche..off Lost
Purser and 2 SFS's
View of Aukland



Cant remember their names! indian, canadian and brit!

Park in Melbourne
Room in Auckland


Auckland Bridge

Parliment of Victoria....Melbourne



So, i have new flatmates! two girls from the UK who are lovely, havent had much chance to hang out with them as they are new abinitioso in training, but i went out with Hannah on thursday for a night out and had a great time...very hungover the next day!
20th Jan......my trip to melbourne (Australia) got there after a 13 hour flight at 630 am local time....7 hours ahead of Dubai....so my body clock was a little messed up!! We got to sleep on the flight for about 3 and half hours in the crew rest compartment (CRC), which is underneath, with beds. Got to wear my lovely blue emirates PJs!
When i got to the hotel (Hilton) i went to sleep for about 4 hours and woke at 2pm, and went out at 3pm.....i ws on my own as most people on the flight were seeing family or friends, i didnt really mind though, it was nice doing whatever i wanted to do!
I walked through the park and into the city centre, lots of high rise buildings, trams, etc. I looked round some shops and stopped off at starbucks for a coffee fix, popped into a souviner shop and got myself a cute kuala bear and boomerang! Then i found a sushi place and sat and ate my favourite food!
I headed back to the hotel about 6pm, it was so relaxing just walking through the park and taking it all in. Went to bed about 9pm as we had a 6am pick up for our Aukland flight.

Got to Aukland about lunch time, i went straight out....alone again, i was going with another girl but she seemed to just want to sleep all the time! i thought, im not coming all this way to sleep!!
So i started walking into the centre and went staight to the Sky Tower, a tall building with great views of Auckland. You can do a Sky jump from the top, like a bungy, i was going to do it and signed the forms and then realised i left my purse at the hotel!! so i booked to do it the next morning. So while i was there i went to the viewing area at the top and took some pics and had a coffee in the cafe at the top. I had a nap back at the hotel before getting ready for dinner. The hotel was lovely, the rooms were like apartments! i had a kitchen area, living room, bathroom and bedroom, not forgetting the 2 tvs which had me hooked watching the auzzie top 10 shark attacks on discouvery!! yep im a geek!
That night a few of us met up for dinner in a nearby restaurant, had a very irish feel to it, we had their famous mussels and a few glasses of wine.....new zealands sauvignon blanc.
I went to bed about midnight and woke up at 320am and couldnt get back to sleep!! my body clock was so messed up! anyway i went down for breakfast and for a walk about 8am and finally got back to sleep at 10am and slept till 3pm to get ready for our pick up......so i never did the jump. Anyway i would prefer to have done it with someone, so i could share the experience with!
We were back in Melbourne around 9pm, i called my friend Becs room to chat with her, she was there too, she was doing the aukland early the next morining, so she couldnt go out. I just went down the supermarket and got a magazine and ordered myself a hot chocolate to try and sleep!!
Thankfully i had a great night sleep, so i was up at 9am for breakfast in the hotel, then went for a walk down bridge road where there are lots of boutiques, so just had a browse, then i went for a walk to the park again and to the city, got some sushi to take back to the hotel with me and got some make up too. I just relaxed in the jacuzi and sauna in the afternoon, though i was trying to have some peace but some american guy wouldnt stop yapping away to me! he was from LA and a commentator for the bbc coverage of Tennis in melbourne. Anyway i knew it was time to leave when he said.....'wow, what colour are your eyes?'.....Hazel......'They are just beautifull'......cheese!
The flight back that evening was good, just half full and everyone just wanted to sleep. Was a 14 hour flight and we got 4 and half hours rest. Back in Dubai now and mum is arriving tomorrow morning!!! im so excited!! I have lots planned, afternoon tea at the Burj, desert safari, nice restaurants, shopping etc!! I get my rosta tomorrow and get paid too, so its a good day!!

No comments: